To receive our full module catalog in detail, email email@example.com
On completion of this module, participants will be aware of the following:
• The fundamentals of acting
• The necessary requirements to be an actor
• The difference between the varying theatre companies – styles and genres.
• How to write a critique
• Understanding expectations
• Working to expectation
• An appreciation of the local theatre scene.
• A working relationship with four of Singapore’s finest theatre companies.
ACTING FOR STAGE
This twelve‐week comprehensive programme will cover the following areas:
• Expectations of theatre by the Professional . Lecture (3hrs)
• Acting Workshop 1. Lecture. (3hrs)
• Acting Workshop 2. Practical (3hrs)
• Acting Workshop 3. Practical (3hrs)
• Theatre Visit. (1.5 – 2hrs)
• Acting Workshop 4. Practical (3hrs)
• Acting Workshop 5. Lecture/Practical (3hrs)
Buds Theatre Company, Singapore.
• Acting Workshop 6. Lecture/Practical (3hrs)
The Finger Players, Singapore.
• Acting Workshop 7. Lecture/Practical (3hrs)
Cake Theatrical Productions, Singapore.
• Acting Workshop 8. Practical (3hrs)
The Necessary Stage, Singapore
• Acting Workshop 9. Lecture/Practical (3hrs)
Buds Theatre Company, Singapore
• Acting Workshop 10. Lecture/Practical (3hrs)
Forum Theatre, Singapore
• Meet the Actors. Lecture (3hrs)
Participants are introduced to three jobbing actors of varying notoriety and offered a lecture
on their journeys, achievements and life choice.
• Theatre Critique. (3hrs)
During this period, participants will be encouraged to build strong ties with the five companies introduced so that they may offer their service’s as crew and/or FOH where required as a means of further enhancing their practical education.